The International Café & Beverage Show (ICBS) 2023, a leading showcase of artisan food, beverage and café products, returns to the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, 25-27 May 2023. The popular ‘Roasters Pavilion’ also returns and is designed to provide a cost-effective way for many smaller coffee roasters to showcase their unique coffee flavours. Visitors can try coffee roasts produced by over 15 companies participating at the show.
Josh Teo, director of HisBrew, one of the local coffee roasters participating in the ‘Roasters Pavilion’ at ICBS 2023, said “ICBS not only provides an opportunity for us to share our vision and coffee with the market, but it also helps us connect with like-minded folks that will be there, to exchange ideas and work together to improve and further advance the coffee industry in Malaysia.”
ICBS 2023 and Cafe Culture Malaysia, the largest cafe directory site in the country, are also celebrating the baristas behind every cup with a competition where participants stand a chance to win barista tools worth up to RM1,900 from Dankoff Coffee Specialist. The giveaway is open to all Malaysian baristas and three winners will be selected.
Christopher McCuin, managing director of Montgomery Asia, the show organiser, said: “We are proud to have already confirmed 90% of our exhibitor targets and the demand for the remaining 10% of space remains high. We are excited about the positive response to ICBS 2023 so far, with more than 250 brands exhibiting from Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, Australia, The Netherlands and Italy.”
In addition to the exhibition, the organisers (Montgomery Asia) have again teamed up with the Malaysia Specialty Coffee Association (MSCA) to host the semi-finals and finals of the 8th edition of the Malaysia National Coffee Championship (MNCC). The ‘national champion’ baristas will go on to represent Malaysia at the World Coffee Championships (WCC) 2024.
During this year’s show, Montgomery Asia will be introducing an educational series ‘Cafe Talk @ ICBS 2023’, which will involve 14 workshops and talks throughout the exhibition. This will include workshops from Barista Guild Asia, who will be hosting two courses – ‘Introduction to Coffee’ and ‘So, you want to start a café?’. Dankoff Coffee Specialist will also be hosting their ‘Sensory Room with DC Academy’, where participants will learn what it takes to identify different coffee and tea flavours and aromas.
Dini Aryani Criddle, president and director, Tanamera Coffee Indonesia, said: “With a single dream of making Indonesia famous for its specialty coffee, we have chosen ICBS 2023 as the perfect place to launch our retail, wholesale and roasting equipment business in Malaysia. It’s a world class event for connecting with customers and the coffee community.”
The show will be held in Halls 4 & 5 at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, with trade and industry visitors the focus of the first two days. The third and final day (will be open to the public who can treat their tastebuds to the best that the coffee and café industry have to offer. Anyone interested in visiting or exhibiting at ICBS 2023 should visit www.intl-cbs.com to pre-register.
Comments are closed.