The Exhibition and Event Association of Australasia (EEAA) announced a newly constituted board of directors, following their annual general meeting, 28 September.
The key office bearers are as follows:
- Nicole Walker, Arinex – president
- Helen Mantellato, ICC Sydney – vice president
- Paul Elliot, Harry the hirer – treasurer
- Elissa Duke, MCEC – secretary
Owing to the ongoing Covid-19 crisis for venue members, the EEAA board has prolonged the nominations for two venue board positions until 10 December.
Nicole Walker (pictured), the incoming president, said: “I will continue the advocacy work, provide our members with clear outcomes, drive quality training and best practice to grow their businesses. Together with the Board and the EEAA team, I will ensure the value of this sector is recognised in Australasia, not only for the industries it supports but for the legacies it leaves long after.”
Helen Mantellato, EEAA vice-president, thanked the outgoing president Spiro Anemogiannis for his six years’ service: “Over the past two years, he presided over the most difficult times of our lives, and despite the challenges we all faced due to Covid-19, his focus was on supporting the Association. He unfailingly advocated for each and every one of the members from all sectors of the Business Events industry.”
The newly constituted EEAA Board of Directors:
- Nicole Walker, chief executive officer, Arinex
- David Longman, managing director, Diversified Communications Australia
- Spiro Anemogiannis, managing director, Informa Australia
- Matt Pearce, CEO, Talk2 Media and Events
Association Organiser Representative:
- Kym De Britt, chief executive officer, Australian Dental Industry Association
- Paul Elliott, state manager NSW, Harry the hirer
- Rodney Cox, director, Delaro
- Libbie Ray, director, Connected Event Group
- Rod Peter, managing director, Coleman Group
- Helen Mantellato, senior manager, Business Development International & Exhibitions, International Convention Centre Sydney
- Elissa Duke, senior manager, Agile Project Management Office, Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre.